Saturday 5 May 2012

Spreader world



Wooden spreaders don't seem to be very common in England for some reason, but last time I was in Sweden I noticed them quite a lot, both in shops and in a lovely little hotel that we stayed in called the hotel Ornen in Torsby. We used them there for our breakfast, which included toast, lots of different spreads and blueberries that were picked that morning. Anyway, they are a wonderful woodcarving project and the great Drew Langsner of Country Workshops has invited people to send him spreaders they have carved for his spreader world collection. I've carved quite a few recently as it gives me something to do with my hands while indoors and out of the rain. I'm planning on sending a couple for Drew's collection, but can't really decide on which two. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Here's a link to Country Workshop's Spreader World
And for the lovely Hotel Ornen

No comments:

Post a Comment