Thursday 9 July 2015

Carving Day



This  is a post I should have done a while ago. Richard and I don't often get the opportunity to get together to do some carving, but during each school holiday we always make an effort to meet up. Last half term we got together at Richard's and decided to do some spoon carving. We thought it would be good to both have a go at the same type of spoon and so we tried to copy one of Richards favourite users, which is actually a copy of one that I bought from a market in Turkey.


It was a nice sunny day; perfect for an afternoon carving. Unfortunately the piece of Maple that I was using was awful and very knotty. It probably should have been abandoned, but I persevered anyway. 


Richard spent some time trying out my Twca Cam and I had a go with his spoon board (I'll post more about them soon).


Unfortunately, during the day, Richard managed to sit on the spoon he was copying and broke it. His copy will have to be his new favourite.



2 comments:

  1. Happy hols - Warwickshire have got another week, so I'm still on countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. This was last half term, I've just been really slow at putting posts up recently.

    ReplyDelete